How Ecology has organized itself to complete its mission...
The Washington State Department of Ecology operates out of five main offices and several field offices, providing services within the counties listed for each jurisdiction:
- Headquarters (includes Manchester Laboratory and Quality Assurance) (Statewide)
- Northwest Regional Office / Bellingham Field Office (Island, King, Kitsap, San Juan, Skagit, Snohomish, and Whatcom counties)
- Southwest Regional Office / Vancouver Field Office (Clallam, Clark, Cowlitz, Grays Harbor, Jefferson, Mason, Lewis, Pacific, Pierce, Skamania, Thurston, and Wahkiakum counties)
- Central Regional Office / Methow Valley Water Master Office / Wenatchee Water Office (Benton, Chelan, Douglas, Kittitas, Klickitat, Okanogan, and Yakima counties)
- Eastern Regional Office (Adams, Asotin, Columbia, Ferry, Franklin, Garfield, Grant, Lincoln, Pend Oreille, Spokane, Stevens, Walla Walla, and Whitman counties)
- Padilla Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve / Breazeale Interpretive Center
- Richland Nuclear Waste Office (nuclear waste issues only)
Ecology Headquarters is located at 300 Desmond Dr. SE, Lacey, WA 98503, USA. The mailing address is P.O. Box 47600, Olympia WA 98504-7600.
Delegated Authority from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
The Environmental Performance Partnership Agreement documents the formal commitments between Ecology and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. General information about the agreement can be found here: http://www.ecy.wa.gov/ppa.html. The agreement covering calendar year 2011 is here: http://www.ecy.wa.gov/ppa/10-11/ppa_2010-2011.html.
Ecology routinely forms partnerships with other government agencies, businesses, associations, and other non-governmental organizations.
|Brownfields Revitalization||Chehalis Basin Partnership||Industrial Footprint Project||Lean and Environment Projects|
|Mercury-reduction Partnerships||Local Source Control Partnership||Puget Sound Partnership||Western Climate Initiative|