Ecology's stakeholder services protect Washington's ecosystem services.
Ecology provides services that benefit all residents of Washington State. The primary clients are businesses, local government (cities, counties), tribes, utility districts, port districts, permit holders, waste generators, nonprofits, schools, educators, researchers and citizens.
Many services are offered to our stakeholders (and some are required by law) through a wide range of environmental programs at Ecology including:
|Compliance & Enforcement||Environmental Assessment|
|Environmental Education||Grants and Loans|
|Permitting||State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA)/|
|Site Clean Up||Spill Response|
|Technical Assistance||Watershed Planning|
Ecology outsourced some support services and consulting work under two categories in calendar (CY) year 2011: personal and purchased services contracts. These represent approximately 15 percent (five percent and ten percent respectively) of the total agency expenditures excluding grants.
Ecology's Code of Conduct
- Treat our customers as partners and collaborators who are equally committed to a healthy, prosperous Washington.
- Perform our work in a helpful, friendly, and positive manner.
- Communicate clearly, accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Listen carefully and engage in open, respectful, and professional dialogue.
- Solve problems, consider different perspectives, and find new and creative ways to accomplish our work.
- Build and maintain cooperative relationships.
- Remain objective at all times and ensure that professional judgment, rather than personal opinion, influences our work.