We've created this site to help businesses understand and comply with environmental regulations in Washington. For more help navigating government business requirements, visit the Washington BusinessHub.
Information by Function/Activity:
- Technical Assistance -
Resources to support voluntary compliance with environmental
rules and good stewardship of Washington's environmental resources.
- Environmental Review / SEPA - Review of
environmental impacts of proposed projects.
- Permitting - Permits, licenses, certifications and other approvals.
Includes link to Office of Regulatory Assistance.
- Reporting - Various reporting requirements.
- Site Cleanup
- Identification and cleanup of contaminated sites. Includes
Underground Storage Tanks.
- When businesses don't voluntarily comply with environmental requirements.
More Business Information at Ecology
- Green Chemistry - designing and using chemicals and processes that are safer and more sustainable.
- Lean Manufacturing - Ecology program can help you identify and eliminate wastes and non-value-added activities in your business.
- Technical Resources for Engineering Efficiency (TREE) - using research, process modeling, bench-marking best practices, and engineering analysis, to demonstrate the potential cost savings of reducing resource use and waste.
- Environmental Excellence Awards - Ecology's highest award for environmental excellence in the state of Washington, given to businesses, individuals and organizations that have shown leadership, innovation, or extraordinary service for the environment.
For further assistance, see: