Photo of money

Grants and Loans

Organization Requirements for Ecology's Administration of Grants & Loans (EAGL)

To apply for grant or loan financial assistance from the Department of Ecology, you must provide your organization’s statewide vendor number, federal tax ID, and DUNS number to Ecology’s EAGL Contact when requested during the registration process. The EAGL Contact cannot grant access to EAGL until you provide this information.

  • Statewide Vendor Number (SWV)

    All Ecology recipients must register as a Statewide Payee through the Washington State Department of Enterprise Services (DES). If you already have a Statewide Vendor Number (starts with SWV), you are registered.

WARNING: Large organizations or departments within an organization may have multiple statewide vendor numbers. Check with your fiscal office to verify which statewide vendor number and suffix you should use. This is important because the statewide vendor number determines where and how Ecology sends payments.

Review the DES web page Receiving Payment from the State for information and frequently asked questions about registering to receive payments, and the benefits of direct deposit to reduce processing costs and payment delays.

Complete and send a Statewide Payee Registration Form to DES to:

  • Register as a new recipient and select a payment option.
    • Receive a paper check in the mail.
    • Have payments direct deposited to your bank account--recommended.
  • Change an existing registration (such as changing to direct deposit or updating your bank account, updating contact information).

A DUNS number is a unique nine-character number used to identify your organization. The federal government uses this number to track how federal money is allocated. Ecology collects this information even if you do not receive federal funding.

If your organization does not yet have a DUNS number, or no one knows it, visit the Dun & Bradstreet (D&B) website or call 1-866-705-5711 to register or search for a DUNS number.