Washington coal export project proposals
Environmental impact statement process
Ecology is helping local governments, at their request, in the development of environmental impact statements (EIS) for two proposed coal terminal projects. This portal takes you to details, estimated timelines and additional links for Washington’s proposals.
Ecology will ensure that these proposals receive objective and thorough review in the EIS process, consistent with the requirements of the State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) and its related regulations.
Learn more about SEPA:
Citizen’s Guide to SEPA Review and Commenting
Other proposals related to coal transport
- 2013 – Scoping Comments on the Proposed
Tongue River Railroad EIS, Powder River Basin, Montana:
- January 4, 2013 – Ecology letter to DOT’s Surface Transportation Board with scoping comments for the proposed rail construction EIS
- 2012 – Proposed
Coyote Island Terminal, Port of Morrow, on the Columbia River in Oregon:
- February 2014 - Oregon Dept of Environmental Quality (DEQ) issued air quality, water quality and construction stormwater permits for this project.
- October 26, 2012 – Ecology letter to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers on the Corps’ environmental assessment decision.
- May 7, 2012 - Ecology letter and comments to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers on the permit application.
Copyright © Washington State Department of Ecology. See http://www.ecy.wa.gov/copyright.htm