Green house


home, work, school

Hazardous Substances at Home, Work, or School

Safer Choice Products

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency can help you find safer products for your home, work, school, and more!


Learn about the products you use or find safer alternatives in our Shopper's Guide.

Recycle or dispose of your household hazardous waste safely.

Search Households Products Database.

Prepare for or clean up after a flood.

Ecology's Product Testing - Ecology tests products to ensure manufacturers are complying with laws that regulate chemicals in certain products. Learn more:


Worker health and safety

Report an emergency work situation to the Washington Department of Labor and Industries:
1-800-423-7233 or 360-902-5459

Report a pesticide illness to the Washington Department of Health:
1-877-485-7316 (M-F, 8 to 5)


Safer schools and children

The Hazardous Substance Information and Education Office is funded in partnership with the Washington State Department of Labor and Industries by the Worker and Community Right-to-Know Fund.