Program Template photo identifier

Air Quality Program

Report air quality problems

Air Quality and Smoke Complaints

If you see someone you think is burning illegally or if you are being impacted by smoke, please report it.

1-866-211-6284 (Statewide, 24-hour, toll-free)

Indian Reservations - please call the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Federal Air Rules for Reservations (FARR) Hotline at 1-800-424-4EPA (toll-free).

Please be ready with as much of the following information as possible:

  • Your name and telephone number (your complaint can be anonymous, but if Ecology is unable to contact you for more information, we may not be able to follow up with a response or enforcement action.)
  • Date and time of burn
  • Your residing county and town
  • The nature of your complaint or comment
  • Specific location of smoke (if known)
  • Source of smoke (if known)
  • Landowner and/or burner (if known)
  • A detailed description including what is being burned

Click here to report other types of environmental problems