Chapter 173-441 WAC
Reporting of Emissions of Greenhouse Gases
Overview of Rulemaking
Ecology adopted amendments to Chapter 173-441 WAC (Reporting of Emissions of Greenhouse Gases).
As required by Washington law, this rule must remain consistent with EPA's Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program.
The adopted amendments included:
- Revising the Global Warming Potentials or GWPs (GWP is a relative
measure of how much heat a greenhouse gas traps in the atmosphere)
- Updating calculation and monitoring methods
- Streamlining revisions to reporting requirements
- Correcting minor errors and improving readability
Ecology did not change existing requirements for:
- Transportation fuel suppliers
- Reporting threshold
- Confidential business information
Ecologys process for developing a rule includes gathering input from affected stakeholders
(person or business that has an interest or investment) and the public, and following the steps for rule adoption.