Chapter 173-442 WAC, Clean Air Rule
Chapter 173-441 WAC, Reporting of Emissions of Greenhouse Gases
On September 15, 2016, Ecology adopted Chapter 173-442 WAC, Clean Air Rule (CAR) and amended Chapter 173-441 WAC,
Reporting of Emissions of Greenhouse Gases. Over the past year, Ecology held numerous educational events around the state, including
several online forums and four public hearings. During the public comment period, Ecology received over 3,000 comments.
Ecology prepared a Concise Explanatory Statement with responses to the comments.
Public Hearings and Webinars
Ecology hosted a series of public hearings and webinars, with presentations
and question-and-answer sessions. Oral comments were accepted during the public hearings.
- Friday, July 15, 2016, webinar (video recording)
- Thursday, July 14, 2016, Olympia (audio recording)
- Tuesday, July 12, 2016, Spokane (audio recording)
- Thursday, July 7, 2016, webinar (video recording)
* Due to technical difficulties, the first 12 minutes of this video is from the same presentation given earlier to a different audience.
About the rule
For special accommodations or documents in alternate format, call 360-407-6800, 711 (relay service), or 877-833-6341 (TTY).
Ecology's ADA Accessibility page.
Para información en español acerca del cambio climático global o la Regla de Aire Limpio, favor de contactar a
(360) 407-6097 o Preguntas@ecy.wa.gov.
For questions in languages other than English or Spanish, please contact the rule writer,
at (360) 407-6837 and we will connect with you through an interpreter.