Washington's Air Quality Small Business Assistance Program
Are you a small business owner?
- Autobody shops
- Auto repair shops
- Chrome electroplaters
- Dry cleaners
- Furniture makers or refinishers
- Metal fabricators or metal finishers
- Fiberglass molders
- Appliance or air conditioner shops
Many other businesses may be affected by federal, state, or local air quality requirements.
Requirements for businesses may vary according to their location. Some businesses may have to:
- Estimate their own air pollution emissions.
- Obtain additional and more complex permits.
- Establish pollution prevention programs.
- Determine how to comply with regulations.
- Determine how to finance and install pollution control equipment.
- Keep records on air emissions.
You can get help!
The Department of Ecology's Air Quality Program, along with several
local air quality agencies, is administering a statewide Business
Assistance Program on air quality issues.
The program's purpose is to:
- Explain the air quality rules and recommend ways to comply.
- Provide free on-site technical assistance visits.
- Refer business to needed resources.
- Help business understand permit and registration processes.
- Help businesses estimate their air pollution emissions.
- Provide training on air quality regulations, pollution prevention, and control technologies.
- Assure business concerns are considered during development of air quality regulations.
- Provide information on potential sources of financing for compliance requirements.
Where to call for help
Ask for the business assistance staff person at these Local air quality agencies
- King, Kitsap, Pierce, Snohomish counties:
Puget Sound Clean Air Agency,
(206) 343-8800 or 1-800-552-3565
- Clallam, Grays Harbor, Jefferson, Mason, Pacific, Thurston counties:
Olympic Regional Clean Air Agency,
(360) 586-1044 or 1-800-422-5623
- Island, Skagit, Whatcom counties:
Northwest Clean Air Agency,
(Island & Whatcom Counties only, please use 1-800-633-0709)
- Clark, Cowlitz, Lewis, Skamania, Wahkiakum counties:
Southwest Clean Air Agency,
(360) 574-3058 or 1-800-633-0709
- Spokane County:
Spokane Regional Clean Air Agency,
- Yakima County:
Yakima County Clean Air Authority,
(509) 834-2050 or 1-800-540-1410
- Benton County:
Benton Clean Air Authority,
The Department of Ecology
- Chelan, Douglas, Kittitas, Klickitat, Okanogan counties:
Ecology Central Regional Office,
- San Juan County:
Ecology Northwest Regional Office,
- Adams, Asotin, Columbia, Ferry, Franklin, Garfield, Grant, Lincoln, Pend Oreille, Stevens, Walla Walla, Whitman counties:
Ecology Eastern Regional Office,
- Ecology Air Quality Business Assistance Program:
PDF forms and other type documents may require one of these free readers.