Top Tips for Pollution Prevention for Printed Circuit Boards and
- Convert from tin lead to tin only.
- Reclaim waste treatment sludge for metals recovery (exemption per NWRO).
- Reclaim alkaline etchant for commercial use (chicken feed, wood treatment, etch regeneration).
- Convert to conveyorized alternative to electroless copper (crimson, black hole, etc.).
- Maximize number of counterflow rinses w/conductivity controls.
- Maintain multiple sets of squeegee rollers on conveyorized equipment.
- Use and maintain non-conductive coated plating racks (eliminate rack strip).
- Use misting or fogging nozzles after immersion processes.
- Add all rinse water to parts, not into rinse baths.
- Use multiple air knives between squeegee rollers on conveyorized equipment (blow out vias).
Copyright © Washington State Department of Ecology. See http://www.ecy.wa.gov/copyright.htm