Picture taken by Kim Clark, 2009

Hazardous Waste & Toxics Reduction

Business and Industry

Education and Resources

Industry Specific Information

Waste Management Facilities

  • Active Hazardous Waste & Used Oil Facilities in WA State provides information about hazardous waste management facilities and used oil processors and a guide and tools for selecting the right contractor.
  • Dangerous Waste Permits  are required to treat the dangerous waste of others or store waste on a long-term basis. A permit is also required to burn or dispose in the land any dangerous waste.

Permits and Fees

  • Hazardous Waste Generation Fee If you are in business and your activities generate any amount of dangerous waste, you are required to pay this fee.
  • Pollution Prevention Planning Fee Pollution Prevention (P2) Planners who qualify for the Pollution Prevention Planning program by the amount of waste they generate must pay a fee.
  • Hazardous Waste Permits Learn how to obtain a permit to treat, store, or dispose of hazardous waste and find out if there is a draft permit -- or permit modification – available for public comment.
Laws and Rules

Reporting Requirements

For comments on our website, please e-mail us