Picture taken by Kim Clark, 2009

Hazardous Waste & Toxics Reduction

Records and Reporting After Storms and Flooding

Keep all dangerous-waste records, even if they are water damaged.  While standard manifests are not required in an emergency, businesses must keep records of waste handling and transportation.

  • Hazardous Waste Manifest Requirements describes the official form and the information required even on a non-standard manifest.
  • Free Dangerous Waste Labels leads you to free downloadable labels. Containers must be labeled.
  • RCRA Site ID Businesses that are new Dangerous Waste Generators must obtain a Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) Site Identification Number, also called a RCRA Site ID Number.  Most treatment, storage, recovery and recycling companies require this number for transport.
  • Businesses that must Report Dangerous Waste for the first time or under unusual circumstances should call for reporting help

Related information:

Recordkeeping Requirements for Paper and Electronic Forms tells what must be retained and for how long.