Lean and Green Case Studies
Washington State Lean and Green Projects
Since 2006, the Lean and Green team has worked with Washington companies to increase their efficiency and competitive position while reducing their environmental footprint.
- Accra-Fab, a metal fabrication company in Liberty Lake, saved $179,000 annually. The company redesigned the wastewater system and cut the amount of wastewater by more than 95 percent. Learn more.
- SunOpta Healthy Fruit Snacks, a food processing company in Omak, saved more than $100,000 annually and reduced its solid waste generation by 64 tons a year. SunOpta did this by using its cold storage more efficiently and establishing a recycling partnership. Learn more.
- Decagon Devices, an electronic sensor manufacturer, protected its competitive position by eliminating the use of lead solder in its products, thereby meeting European Union standards. Decagon also increased quality and productivity in several areas. Learn more.
- Heath Tecna (now part of Zodiac Aerospace), a Bellingham manufacturer of aircraft interior components, saved more than $125,000 annually while reducing its use of toxic materials by 400 pounds a year and reducing its generation of dangerous waste by 18,000 pounds a year. Learn more.
- Kärcher manufactures commercial and residential washing machines in Camas. Kärcher reduced down time on its paint line by 95 percent and cut its use of natural gas by ten percent. Learn more.
- Canyon Creek Cabinet Company in Monroe achieved $1.36 million in annual cost savings by improving processes in its milling, cutting, and finishing operations. Learn more.
- Lasco Bathware (now part of Aquatic) in Yelm realized annual savings of more than $130,000 by improving the efficiency of its packaging, shipping, and vacuum molding processes and fiberglass reinforced plastic spraying methods. Learn more.
- Columbia Paint in Spokane saved more than $135,000 a year by standardizing product flow and improving its quality control process. Learn more.
Other Lean and Green Projects and Case Studies
USEPA Lean and Environment Case Studies and Best Practices
Green Suppliers Network
Copyright © Washington State Department of Ecology. See http://www.ecy.wa.gov/copyright.html.