Get Shoptalk, the dangerous waste and pollution prevention newsletter
Prevention Information and Planning - Pollution prevention planning is required for many businesses. Pollution prevention practices benefit industry by lowering a company's operational and environmental compliance costs by reducing or preventing the generation of waste.
- Pollution Prevention by Business Type offers bussiness sector-specific opportunities for process changes and safer alternatives for dangerous waste.
Source Control Partnership -
Ecology works with local governments throughout the state to
help small businesses control, reduce, or eliminate toxic
Pollution Prevention Resources for Schools and Analytical Labs
- Ecology is working with businesses and schools to find safer alternatives to reduce, or even eliminate the use of toxic metals.
- P2 Success Stories - Learn how companies have successfully reduced the amount of
dangerous waste they produce, streamlined production processes,
and saved money by implementing pollution prevention practices.
- Green Chemistry is using the the principles of Green Chemistry to help Washington State businesses be more profitable and competitive while protecting the environment.
- Toxic Metals Prevention Project is a focused pollution prevention sector project that works to eliminate toxic
metals from Washington Pollution Prevention planners' processes.
Green practices benefit industry by lowering costs, improving product and service quality, and reducing lead times, while reducing environmental waste and impact. See how your business can benefit.
Resources For Engineering Efficiency (TREE) offers free engineering assistance from the TREE team can improve your business' efficiency, make less waste, and save money.
- Assessing the Safety of Chemical Alternatives Ecology is developing guidance to help business and industry identify safer alternatives to toxic chemicals. We are working with seven other states to develop an "alternatives assessment" document. Join the listserve to give your input and get updates.
Toxics Reduction Advisory Committee (TRAC)
A record of the activities of the committee which recommended changes to
Washington's Pollution Prevention Planning law and fees in 2008.
- Cleaner Production Challenge
was a technical assistance project for companies in the
aerospace parts manufacturing, plating and circuit board
- REACH Chemical Policy Workshops is a record of European Union REACH (Chemicals Policy)
workshops from 2006–2007 to educate business on the overhaul
of the European Union’s chemical management system.
For comments on our Web site, please
Environmental Management Systems Training Resources
Learn about Environmental Management Systems (EMS). These training modules are available to assist you with EMS implementation
P2 Success Stories
National P2 News
Regional P2 News
PPRC 20 Year Report
Copyright © Washington State Department of Ecology. See http://www.ecy.wa.gov/copyright.html.