UPDATE: Ecology's new website will be live on Monday morning! Our official web address will be https://ecology.wa.gov

Placeholder for snippet from air, land, water, toxics, waste, or other image

My Watershed

File Your Dangerous Waste Annual Report Using TurboWaste!

Which reports does my company need to submit?

Common Environmental Reports describes various
reports a business may need to complete and when
each one is due. If you want to provide feedback on
this poster, email hwtrpubs@ecy.wa.gov.

Ecology's goal is for all generators to file their Dangerous Waste Annual report using TurboWaste. For more information read the Frequently Asked Questions for TurboWaste and the TurboWaste User Guide (PDF). Or just contact us and we will be happy to walk you through the system.

Important information:

What's new with reporting:

Federal requirements for data security have changed. Beginning in January 2017 all Large Quantity Generators (LQG) will be required to use three log in accounts to certify and submit their Dangerous Waste Annual Reports. The accounts necessary are TurboWaste, Secure Access Washington (SAW) and the EPA’s Cross-Media Electronic Reporting Rule (CROMERR). You will still need your user name and password for TurboWaste. You will also need a user name and password for SAW and a user name, password and security questions for CROMERR. If your business already has a SAW and/or CROMERR account, you will be able to add TurboWaste to the existing accounts.

The requirements for usernames and passwords for SAW and CROMERR are different than TurboWaste so you won’t be able to use your existing login info on the other systems. We aren’t able to change your existing TurboWaste ID, but you can update your password in the TurboWaste system.

Once you create a CROMERR account, you’ll receive a confirmation email with a form attached. You need to print, sign and return the Electronic Signature Agreement (ESA) form to us in order to confirm your account. Please allow at least 10 days for mail and processing before submitting your Dangerous Waste Annual Report to ensure that it won’t prevent you from meeting the March 1 reporting deadline.

The CROMERR system requires that the person who signs and certifies your report is someone who has legal authority to sign contracts for the company. Keep that in mind when creating your CROMERR account. You will be asked a security question each time you log in, and it’s common for people to forget the answers they chose. Also know that if you enter the password incorrectly two times, your account will be locked and you’ll have to contact us for a new password.

Printing solutions

If you need information about getting a new EPA/RCRA Site ID number CLICK HERE. You can get a blank Site ID form to apply for or re-activate your EPA/RCRA Site ID number if your site is generating or managing regulated amounts of dangerous waste. Please fill out, sign, and mail the form to Ecology. Ecology must have a signed form on file for all active EPA/RCRA Site ID numbers.

Please call Ecology at 1-800-874-2022 (within WA state only) or 360-407-6170 or e-mail us if you:

  • Have a dial-up connection.
  • Cannot submit your report electronically.
  • Received the report notice in error.
  • Have questions about how to use TurboWaste to file your report.