Placeholder for snippet from air, land, water, toxics, waste, or other image

My Watershed

General Annual Reporting Information

Last update: 11/17/2005

What is the Annual Dangerous Waste Report?

The Annual Dangerous Waste Report is a set of one or more forms for reporting on dangerous waste generation and management activities in Washington State. Companies who generate, transport, or manage dangerous waste and have an active RCRA Site Identification (ID) Number (for example: WAD 123 456 789) are sent an Annual Report each year.

The reports are due on March 1st, or the closest March working date, of the year after the waste was generated.

Annual dangerous waste reporting for persons with an active Site ID# is required by Dangerous Waste Regulations WAC 173-303-060(5), WAC 173-303-070(8), WAC 173-303-220, and WAC 173-303-390.

Annual reports measure the amount and types of dangerous waste generated each year. The information reported is used to plan Washington State's future capacity to store, transport and dispose of dangerous wastes as well as to provide biennial report information to the Environmental Protection Agency.


Who Has to Report?

Every site with an active Site ID# is required to send an Annual Report to Ecology - even if they did not generate or manage any dangerous waste during the reporting year.

Any annual reporter with an active Site ID # can set up a password and a user name to file reports on the Internet using TurboWaste.Net instead of filing paper forms.

Small Quantity Generator's (SQG) only have to update a Site Identification Form (Site ID). They can use the Internet to create a pre-printed form, mark any changes on it, and submit it to Ecology. Paper reporters will need to call Ecology and ask for a pre-printed form, then mark any changes, sign and date the report, and mail it to Ecology.

Sites that qualify as a Medium Quantity Generators (MQGs), or Large Quantity Generators (LQGs), or sites that receive waste from off-site for Treatment, Storage, Disposal, or Recycling (TSDRs) return the Site ID Form and fill out additional forms describing the amounts and types of dangerous waste managed at the site, and list their waste handlers.


Who Does Not Have to Report?

Small Quantity Generators that do not have an active Site ID#, do not have to send the Annual Report to Ecology.

Any site with an inactive (withdrawn or canceled) Site ID# for the entire reporting year (January 1st through December 31st) does not have to file a report.