NOTICE: Ecology's web applications will be unavailable Wednesday, Nov. 29 from 5:30 to 7:30pm, for scheduled maintenance.

Placeholder for snippet from air, land, water, toxics, waste, or other image

My Watershed

Who Must Submit a Site ID Form?

If you fit into any of the categories below, you must notify Ecology using the Site Identification Form:

  • Large Quantity Hazardous Waste Generator
  • Medium Quantity Hazardous Waste Generator
  • Remediation site owners/contractors who generate regulated amounts of Hazardous Waste
  • Businesses conducting a one-time clean out of Hazardous Waste chemicals at their facility, provided they generate regulated amounts of hazardous waste
  • Hazardous Waste Transporter
  • Hazardous Waste Transfer Facility
  • Hazardous Waste Treatment, Storage or Disposal Facility
  • Hazardous Waste Importer
  • Recycler of Hazardous Waste
  • Marketer or Burner of Hazardous Waste Fuel
  • Used Oil Burner
  • Used Oil Transporter
  • Used Oil Transfer Facility
  • Used Oil Processor/Re-finer
  • Used Oil Fuel Marketer
  • Off-Specification Used Oil Burner
  • Large Quantity Handler of Universal Waste
  • Destination Facility for Universal Waste
  • Generator of Mixed Radioactive Waste
  • Treatment by Generator
  • Permit-by-Rule

For definitions of these categories click here.

Other hazardous waste management activities, not listed above, may also require a Site ID Number. If you do not fit into any of the categories above, please see Section 060 Chapter 173-303 WAC. or contact an Ecology regional office near you.