Location & History
The Kimberly-Clark pulp and paper mill closed permanently on April 15, 2012. Information on the cleanup
The site is located at 2600 Federal Avenue in Everett. In 1931 operations at the site produced 300 tons per day of calcium based sulfite pulp from six digesters. Additional six digesters were added in 1937 bringing production to 600 tons per day. Scott Paper acquired the mill in 1951 and built four tissue paper machines. Primary clarification of waste water was completed in 1964. In 1974 the mill was converted to an ammonia based sulfite process and a recovery furnace was built. In 1979 secondary treatment of effluent was installed. Scott Paper was purchased by Kimberly-Clark Corporation in late 1995. The wastewater treatment facility discharges treated effluent into the East Waterway of Everett Harbor through a new outfall diffuser. The outfall discharged combined treated wastewater from Kimberly Clark, City of Everett and City of Marysville.
Facility Site Number: 9
Industrial Section Permits
Dept of Ecology Contact:
Copyright © Washington State Department of Ecology. See http://www.ecy.wa.gov/copyright.html.