Technical Advisory Committee
A Technical Advisory Committee identified and scoped dozens of potential
pilot projects for the Puget Sound Coordinated Monitoring Program and selected
four of these projects to conduct and complete between July 2008 and June
30, 2009. These projects were intended to provide feedback for the Governance
Committee's work to identify an organizational structure and decision-making
process for coordinating regional monitoring and assessment.
The Technical Advisory Committee has had its last meeting.
Four Pilot Projects
- Development of Standardized Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Quality
Assurance Project Plans (QAPPs) for Stormwater
- Update on this project: The SOP QA/QC Pilot Project held a kick off meeting
on September 25, 2008. After a very productive first meeting, the group’s
focus will be on developing four Standard Operating Procedures related to
stormwater monitoring over the next year. The group will also develop a
“Glossary of Terms” tailored toward stormwater monitoring.
This group will continue to meet every three weeks. This project is
open for anyone to attend. If you would like to be added to the
distribution list, please contact Julie Lowe at 360-407-6470 or
- Stream Benthos Gap Analysis
Coordination, and Data Management
Data from 2006 and
2007 are loaded. Data for the 2008
monitoring season were loaded to the system directly by the taxonomic
laboratories using the standardized data loading tool, making maintenance of
the data sets far more manageable and easier than otherwise would be the
case. Pre-2006 data should be loaded this year. This data
management system allows for:
- Collaborative data management with professional and consistent
management of stream benthos data.
- Enhanced data sharing and comparability between data sets.
- Improved documentation.
- Transparent and repeatable analyses.
- Updating of taxonomic data according to official
Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) nomenclature.
- Automatic data loading directly from taxonomic laboratories.
- Data ownership by entities collecting the data.
and QC reports
- In-Line Ditch Stormwater Treatment Best Management Practice Program
Other Potential Pilot Projects