Reports to the Legislature
The legislature directs the Office of Columbia River to
- Annual water supply inventory reports
- Quinquennial (every five years) water demand forecast reports
- Interim and final reports on voluntary regional
- A report evaluating options for aggregating projects to
achieve the one-third instream and two-third out-of-stream
balance for storage projects required under law.
Download OCR Reports to the Legislature
Columbia river water supply inventory — Long-term water supply and demand forecast.
(1)...the department of ecology shall ... develop a Columbia river water supply inventory and a long-term water supply and demand forecast. The inventory must include:
(a) A list of conservation projects that have been implemented under this chapter and the amount of water conservation
they have achieved; and
(b) A list of potential water supply and storage projects in the Columbia river basin, including estimates of:
(i) Cost per acre-foot;
(ii) Benefit to fish and other instream needs;
(iii) Benefit to out-of-stream needs; and
(iv) Environmental and cultural impacts.
(2) The department of ecology shall complete the first Columbia river water supply inventory by November 15, 2006,
and shall update the inventory annually thereafter.
(3) The department of ecology shall complete the first Columbia river
long-term water supply and demand forecast by November 15, 2006, and shall update the report every five years thereafter.
(9) The department of ecology shall monitor and evaluate the water allocated to instream and out-of-stream uses under this section,
evaluate the program, and provide an interim report to the appropriate committees of the
legislature by June 30, 2008. A final report shall be provided to the appropriate committees of the legislature by June 30, 2011.