There are some exceptions to the normal construction and inspection fees.
The exceptions to the normal construction inspection fees are:
- For dam safety deficiency repairs required by Ecology, fees
- For removal of a dam with safety deficiencies, fees are $10.
- For reclamation of mining operation dams, fees are $1,977.
- There is NO fee for routine maintenance, normal replacement, or
- NO fees are required for review of conceptual plans, changes
required during review, or construction change orders.
Exceptions to the normal periodic inspection fees are:
- For dams less than 10 years old, NO fees are charged.
- For dams more than 10 but less than 20 years old, fees equal the fee
for significant hazard dams.
- For impoundments with multiple dams, a single facility fee is
charged, based on the dam with the highest hazard.
- For multi-cell impoundments, such as multi-cell wastewater lagoons,
a single facility fee is charged, based on the highest hazard cell.
- For non-routine and public request inspections, NO fees are charged.