Plain Talk at Ecology
The Department of Ecology believes citizens should be able to
communicate easily with government. That’s why we are committed to removing bureaucratic jargon from our
letters, publications, applications and instructions, and web
site. At Ecology:
- We have an Executive Policy
requires all agency programs to incorporate plain talk into
the work they do.
- Our employees are required to write
the target audience can easily understand.
- 80 percent of our employees and 100 percent of our
managers have taken plain talk training.
- All new employees must take plain talk training within
six months of hire.
- We have established a quality review process where we
randomly select publications and score them to measure how
well we are doing at writing to our target audiences.