Last updated: October 2010
2009-2010 American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (ARRA)
Projects at Ecology
Overview of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (Recovery Act)
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (Recovery Act) was signed into law by President Obama on February 17, 2009. It is an unprecedented effort to jumpstart our economy, create or save millions of jobs, and put a down payment on addressing long-neglected challenges so our country can thrive in the 21st century.
Governor's Report to the Public - new issue quarterly
Implementing the Recovery Act
(05/05/2010) Washington state leads in wastewater Recovery Act funding - Letter to Governor Gregoire from the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
(02/17/10) Gov. Gregoire, Interior Secretary Salazar highlight success of Recovery Act
The Department of Ecology has a critical role in carrying out the Recovery Act. Our work includes:
- Administering grants and loans that will pay for clean water infrastructure projects.
- Working with local governments, school districts, ports and private fleet owners to install diesel emission-reduction equipment.
- Cleaning up leaking underground storage tanks.
- Issuing environmental permits and monitoring compliance to assure that Recovery Act projects protect environmental and human health.
click to go to map
Infrastructure Project Certifications by Governor Gregoire
Section 1511 of the Recovery Act requires the governor confirm to the federal government that infrastructure construction projects for roads and wastewater and drinking water systems have received the review required by law and represent an appropriate investment of taxpayer dollars. See the complete list of all projects certified by Governor Gregoire.
Washington State Job Opportunities
Information About Ecology Programs Related to Economic Recovery
Washington State and the Federal Government Recovery Web Sites
- Recovery.wa.gov - Washington state's recovery web site
- Recovery.gov - American Recovery and Reinvestment Act web site
- Other Job-Related Projects
Related Environmental Project News