Cheat sheet for extracting an NHD Subbasin from the National Map Viewer
- Click on the link to the NHD Viewer
- Enter a subbasin id or place name in "Find a Place" search tool and
click Search. The viewer will zoom to the feature you searched.
- Open the “Download Data” tool. A “Download Options” box will open.
- Choose “NHD Subbasins” as a reference area. That layer will appear in
the map area.
- You’ll have the option of extracting by other reference areas
(counties, USGS quad, etc.)
- Click on the subbasin
- Zoom to subbasin boundary (link in TOC)
- Click on See Available Data link in TOC
- Click on the Hydrography check box and choose the download format. Click
- Select NHD with or without the Flow Table depending on your need. Click
- Click Checkout in the next box
- Fill in your email address and click Place Order
Copyright © Washington State Department of Ecology. See http://www.ecy.wa.gov/copyright.htm