Error processing SSI file
The TREE Team has identified opportunities to annually reduce 400 tons of solid waste ($183,000).
These are issues that the TREE Team has seen at multiple companies. The team can help you identify and correct these issues along with others, specific to your site.
- Audit your waste stream. Contact your county public works utility or
local chamber of commerce for assistance.
- Divert materials from your dumpster through reuse or recycling.
Cardboard, plastic buckets, broken pallets, plastic film, office paper,
plastic strapping, metals, and oil are common recyclable materials.
- Reduce the use of office paper by printing and copying double-sided,
using electronic mail, circulating printed materials, centralizing paper
files, and storing documents electronically.
- Work with suppliers to reduce packaging materials and to use recyclable
- Reduce waste generation by making changes in materials, processes, or
- Use a smaller dumpster or decrease the pickup frequency.
- Invest in a garbage compactor to decrease pickup frequency.
- Visit materials exchange web sites, such as
IMEX. Sometimes your ‘waste’ can become someone’s feedstock to their
You might also be interested in these links:
- Database of recycling vendors
- IMEX: Industrial Materials Exchange
- Classified advertisements for business industrial waste
- Beneficial Use Determination
- Waste generators can use this site to apply directly to Ecology for relief from solid waste permit requirements for use of a waste as a substitute feedstock in a manufacturing or other industrial process, or for use as a soil amendment.